Thrifting Thursday - Belt Buckles

Hello Friends~ 
I've not had a lot of time to create in the workshop or hit thrift stores lately with the addition of our new puppy, but here are 3 pendants I have made in the last month utilizing belt buckles. 
The first picture shows how I manipulated the tines of the buckle and then I was able to add some large bore 'pandora' style beads and then wire wrap with a tarnish resistant copper wire.

This buckle was nice and heavy with a brass look color but was well worn and had it's own 'patina'. I embellished this with some Ranger Patina in Moss green and wire wrapped with 24 gauge antique bronze tone wire. The fleur di lis already had a bail built in so it was a great way to incorporate a place to hang this piece.


Finally, my favorite piece. This buckle was silver plate and although it was almost black when I bought it, it cleaned up beautifully. I treated the dragon fly stamping [from B'Sue Boutique] with Ranger Patina in verdigris and sanded back the details of the piece. In this piece I used E6000 as an adhesive and also some 22 gauge silver plated wire to hold everything in place. The support bar of the buckle was a perfect place to add chain with the help of 2 silver plated jump rings. 

As it turns out these three pieces are all headed to Texas to a long time client.- Thanks Liz :-D

Thanks for checking in today. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Comments

  1. My God, Tammie!!! You are a whiz!!!! These are SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I would NEVER have thought of this, and yet it makes a great look and "reuse" project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute cute. Such a great idea. That fluer de lies pendant would be snatched so quickly in Louisiana! I love seeing upcycled ideas like this. I did a similar thing with old curtain rod pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts