Thrifting Thursday 1/17/19 Tins, Cases & Pensacola!

Hello Friends,
 For today’s first thrift shop entry of 2019 I would like to tell you about my January finds so far. First up was a recent trip to Goodwill. Not only did I find a few nice tins, including an uncommon purple, I also scored a mint condition scientific specimen box.


Are you wondering why I might want this? Well, I have recently been thinking I need to upgrade to a closed box for displaying more expensive items at shows. Unfortunately, even at art shows there are shoplifters. I think having this a closed case option will be handy and at $3.99 it's an inexpensive way to begin.


Moving on... Last week I accompanied my husband to a Navy conference in Pensacola, FL. While he was busy in meetings on Monday, I took the opportunity to scout out some 'new to me' charity shops. I went in trying hard to be discerning - I have quite a collection now and really only want the most unique, vintage or interesting ones I can find.

The heart tin has already inspired a small collection of valentine inspired earrings!

It was a fun week. I had opportunities to hang out with old friends and even meet a cyber friend in person, so I have a new friend too!

On Tuesday I joined an old friend for lunch and a bit of shopping. Fortunately for me, she loves antiques and home decor, so we had a great time. I found this beautiful red Chinese inspired box, along with some other cool & inspirational pieces.  The red box is going in the 'do not cut museum' for now and the neutral mandala tin has already made several lovely pieces that I will take with me to my first show of 2019 this weekend .

Lastly, I was back to my volunteer gig at our church's thrift shop after almost a month away. These two beauties were waiting for me. The other volunteers take good care of me :-)

That's about it for now. Wish me luck at my art show this weekend. I will try and post about it next week. 
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by~
Tammie

Comments

Most Popular Posts