Plaid Pepper Repurposing (Say that 3 times fast!)




Good Morning Friends, 
Today I am sharing a recent repurposing project that I hope you might find interesting. 
I was recently commission to make a cuff bracelet with a HUGE focal. [I shared that in a previous post]. I ended up going another route with that but it planted a seed. 
Not long ago I used up the contents of a ground pepper tin. I have been saving lettering & words to use in other projects so I planned to add this box to the cache. When I deconstructed it and the base popped away I realized that it looked a lot like a bezel [a BIG bezel as it measures 72 x 40mm or 2.75 x 1.5in]. 
The more I looked at it the more ideas began developing...
I decided to try riveting it to a section of an aluminum serving platter that I have used for other projects. 

Filled it with a section of pretty plaid tin and super glued it in place so it doesn't float when I add resin. 
Poured in a generous amount of my favorite Resin Obsession [https://www.resinobsession.com] two part epoxy jewelry resin.  Allowed it to cure and once set I formed the aluminum into a cuff. 



Had to make some matching studs to compliment the piece, and to use up the little bit of resin I had left.








So there you have it! 
A real trash to treasure piece. 
Needless to say I am on the lookout for other tin spice boxes.

What do you think? 
I'd love your feedback. 
Thanks for stopping by today. 
Have a great week :-)
Tammie

 

Comments

Most Popular Posts