Thrifting Thursday 2/6/2020 & A Few New CreationsThis

Hello Friends! 
Here's a quick installment of the blog for this week. I think spring is confused here in Georgia. We are now just over 2 months in the new 'old' house.  When you buy a home with a history & you move in the winter, you never know exactly what you're getting. It will probably take a full year to know exactly what sort of plants are here on the property.


Surprise!

Today I wanted to share my recent thrift sightings and finds.
I scored a pretty bell sleeved blouse from Chico's - it's all my favorite colors and still had the tags on it! I don't usually buy a lot of clothes at thrift shops [the hazard of being a super tall gal] but this was a keeper. 

This handsome boxer boy painted on black velvet was just kitsch-y enough to get my attention but for $30 I left him behind.


My find of the week was this exquisite Daher tea canister. I've seen it on Pinterest but never in person. It was 'senior day' at this particular shop so with my discount it came to .86cents. I also snagged the Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark tin- honestly just for the dogs & the word BARK, lol

The past week or so I have been working on some new shapes and sizes. A new statement collar & larger earrings with simple geometrics are coming in style and so I am incorporating some of these into my inventory for spring.










Can't ignore these sweet 'mix-matched'
[not mismatched] plaid Scottie dog earrings





Lastly I did a custom order for a fiber artist from Ohio and created several sets of stitch markers from vintage and modern tin. The large white markers can be written on with a dry erase marker to note pattern lines and changes as you work.  These all have lobster clasps for use in crochet projects. 


 So, that's my week so far.  

I do have thrift date with a new friend I met locally, but you'll have to wait till next week to see if I scored anything worth blogging about.

Have a great week!
Tammie 

Comments

Most Popular Posts