Thrifting Thursday 2/20/14 ~Repurposed Cuff

 
Happy Thrifting Thursday! 
I sure have gotten a lot of mileage out of the pieces in this picture from items I picked up at the Nesting Cottage back in December.  Today I want to focus on the cuff bracelet form in the upper right of the group pic.  

Not 100% sure what this cuff held when it was new... but to me it screamed steam punk influences please! The inner part of the bezel was rough and chipped from what ever had been in there so I filed and sanded it then I painted it with Ranger Patina Ink in black and allowed it to dry thoroughly.  Because of the shape and depth of the bezel, and because I wanted the final product to be see through  I had to do my resin in layers with a clear packing tape base. It was a challenge but after two pours I had a solid base to put my baubles and bits in place for the third and last pour.  

Voila' 
I think it turned out pretty awesome! 
I will have a hard time parting with this baby~
Thanks for stopping by. 
Have a wonderful weekend,
Warm Regards,
Tammie







Comments

  1. SO, SO COOL! I do love some re-purposed pieces, and this is really great. I can't wait to see what else you make from that haul of goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts