Today is my final post regarding the "Beads for Blogging" I received from
Tanya Ozanne of Fusion Muse in Bangkok Thailand.
In the upper left you see a recap if what I received. I have to say these items stretched me quite a bit as they sat for several days on my work bench while I thought about how to use them.
1. Let's start with the Japa Mala beads. I googled Japa Mala and found they are a type of prayer bead. As I held them in my hand I realized I had 10. Perfect for a rosary bracelet! A way to honor their intention but with my own religious tradition. I envisioned memory wire but having none, improvised. I didn't have a crucifix in gold to coordinate but this gold tone cross will fit the bill.
2. A spool of lovely brass wire was perfect for a birds nest pendant. I have been making quite a few of these lately and thought the gold of the brass went well with some amethyst colored glass rounds I had. 3. The green glass pearls. These coordinated well with some Mother of Pearl coins and emerald green facet crystals I had on hand. The three strand floral gunmetal clasp gives a bit of a Gothic feel to the set. Of course I made earrings to match. ( I'm big on having something to match)
4. All those gem chips.... Well the green ended up as earrings which I quite like, the white ones in the bracelet, remind me too much of a baby bracelet. I will probably take that apart :-(
5. I loved those faceted teardrops. The were so pretty. I pulled out a book on wire wrapping I bought recently and with a few trail and errors managed to briolet wrap them into something I would actually wear as a pendant.
6. I had a few leftover bits. Which I made into some lace like earrings using the brass findings and a few beads from my stash. The only thing that stumped my were those baby blue vintage barrels. I still have them sitting on my table...
Thanks to Tanya for the opportunity and challenge of Beads for Blogging.
It was great fun to receive a package from Thailand and to learn something new in the process.
If you would be interested in trying this challenge for yourself check out her blog at http://fusionmusebangkok.blogspot.co.uk/
|gem chip earrings|
|Gothic Green set|