A New Avenue... Consignment

TTE Designs is an ever changing entity for me. It is first and foremost a learning process. There is no real business plan here, trail and error (or success) has been the game plan as I tentatively move forward.
  This past week I took the plunge at having pieces in an artist consignment store. Two and a half Women is a cute, eclectic shop located about 40 miles south of me in Elizabeth City, NC.
I belong to several Facebook groups related to beading, crafting and jewelry creating.  These groups are a wonderful source of inspiration and and information. Another gal in the groups is from the Hampton Roads area and had posted about placing some things there. I was curious so I decided to check it out.
I found their page on Facebook and I emailed one of the owners. She replied back quickly and willingly sent me a copy of the agreements which I found to be simple and straight forward and fair, with a 3 month initial period. After talking with my DH I decided to give it a try. I made an appointment to meet with the owner, Lisa, the following Monday.
  At my DH's suggestion we  drove down on Saturday to check out the shop and drop off my contract in advance. The shop, which is in an antique building in historic downtown was very well done with TONS of beautiful art and accessories. I looked around at everything~and introduced myself, spoke with the owners (Lisa & Tina) and confirmed my return on Monday.
DH took me to lunch and we made the short drive back home.
"Black Glass" pendant set
"Ritidian" pendant set
  Lisa was most interested in my polymer clay home decor items, but I decided to take some polymer jewelry too, just in case.  I spent Sunday organizing and tagging the items I thought would work best. I also chose items not listed on my Etsy or Art Fire because I didn't want any overlap. On Monday I drove back to NC and spent a couple of hours discussing my pieces and allowing Lisa to choose what she though would work best. She also accepted about 12 of my polymer jewelry sets in addition to a goodly number of decor items.  She had good suggestions for the display and marketing of my items and was so warm, and enthusiastic through the process, it made me feel great about this venture.
I will have to post again in 3 months and update the status of this experiment.
Mokume gane Frame
Millefiori Apertif Set of 4
Mokume Gane Technique Cocktail set






If you have a few minutes check out & like  Two and a Half Women's Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/2andahalfwomen

Comments

  1. I wish you the best of luck in your new venuture! Your pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts