Tuesday, April 9, 2013

THANK YOU!

  Lent is finished, Easter has gloriously arrived and now we Christians celebrate the 50 day Easter season.


I also want to celebrate a milestone for my TTE Designs.  Three years ago around the fifth anniversary of my conversion to Catholicism I heard a priest speak about an interdenominational organization called 'FOOD FOR THE POOR'.
http://www.foodforthepoor.org/

His stories touched my heart and I wanted to do something to commemorate my journey.  I decided that they would become my charity of choice. I began to make and sell rosaries and had some modest success.

  Although I do this all year long,  my biggest push is during Lent, which for Christians is a season of fasting, prayer and almsgiving.
This year I set a goal of $100 and added a series of polymer clay free standing and wall crosses to the rosary offering.


I am thrilled to say that I exceeded my goal! This past week after the Octave of Easter I am honored to send $120 to FFTP.  This organization spends just .09 % on administrative costs, and 3.3% on fundraising that means 96% of the proceeds they take in actually feeds people. 
 $115 will help starving people world wide.  
** Thank you to Kim O'D, Beverly E., the sweet little boy at a craft show who wanted the blue one for his first holy communion and the several anonymous clients who supported this effort through your purchase, I am truly grateful to you.  
If you are interested in a custom rosary or cross, please contact me. 
If that is not your cup of tea, no worries, but please consider making a direct donation to this worthy organization.  
 God Bless you and Happy Easter! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on exceeding your goal, Tammie... it's especially exciting when you think how the value of your donation is magnified when spent in the Third World.

    ReplyDelete