Thrifting Thursday 11-5-14 Tins, Display & Paint

This weeks thrifty finds. More tins- I've been trying to be more discerning about my tin buying choices since I have a good size stash now, but these two were must haves! 

The birds are awesome and even thought the lighthouse isn't truly vintage [its markings say 2000] 
I think all those blues will make a beautiful necklace and earring set.

The stainless steel rack, must have held some kitchen tools in a previous life, but for .99 & some paint- it will become a necklace focal display for upcoming shows.



Cedar Waxwings
Hummingbirds
Blue Birds 


I had to look this one up- 'Common Yellowthroat'  thanks Google

Can't beat the price???


A thrifty gal's best friend!



 Before and after--- first coat of ivory enamel spray paint




And just a little refresher- here are some up cycled tin disc necklaces & earrings 
from my last tin purchase--- 
[If you want to see how these started the original post is here> [thrifting-thursday-10-16-14-tins ]

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY- HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!









Comments

  1. I don't even collect tins, Tammie, but would have grabbed those birds anyway LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tins...I can see the one lid with the birds put in a embroidery hoop and hung as art...it is soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts