4th Annual Food For The Poor Lenten Project


Hello Friends~
Lent is now in full swing and I am pleased once again to present my Food for the Poor Lenten project.
Here is an excerpt from last years post which explains what inspired me to do this work:

  The story that most affected me involved a young boy collecting a small portion of food but not eating it right away. The priest asked him 'Son why aren't you eating your meal?' the boy replied "Well Father this is for my sister…. You see it's not my turn to eat today, it's hers. I got to eat yesterday."
   Now how can you hear that story and not be affected?  In this land of plenty, with high obesity rates and cheap plentiful food everywhere it seems unfathomable that it would not be 'my day to eat'.         [I get crabby when I haven't had lunch for crying out loud.]
   So I began this project. I actually do it all year round, but my biggest push is during Lent  which is meant to be a time of reflection and renewal.  The past two years I have made and sold rosaries. This year I am adding 5inch polymer clay covered crosses. As a former Protestant I realize not everyone prays the rosary, but many people observe Lent and so I hope to broaden my scope and reach more participants.
  
This year I have added rosary bracelets to the collection and I will also custom make protestant prayer beads upon request.
These are available on my TTE Designs Facebook page

Thank you!
Warm Regards,
Tammie

Comments

Most Popular Posts