Pinterest Monday 1-14-13

Hello Friends
Today on my Pinterest Monday post I will feature some of the images I have saved as inspiration for jewelry designs. I love vintage and things from yesteryear. Photographs of antique clothing and images from film are a great resource. Here are a few of my favorites so far.  From eras of the 1700 & 1800's


Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind, 1939.  Film designer Walter Plunkett spent months studying historical socites and private collections for costumes pieces from the civil war period.  This is one of the most beloved from the movie
Vivian Leigh as Scarlet O'Hara from Gone with the Wind.

RED TARTAN PLAID SILK VISITING DRESS, 1860's. 2-piece with side boned bodice having green crochet buttons and soutache trim with black beads lined in brown cotton, skirt partially lined in glazed cotton.
1860's red tartan 'visiting dress'
Bodice with detachable sleeves
bodice with detachable sleeves
Afternoon Dress (side view) 1880, American, Made of silk 1880's 'Afternoon dress'Ensemble by Emile Pingat, 1885 Paris, Shelburne Museum, backParis 1885

[I guess I have been attracted to red lately...]



& some Jane Austen inspired pics ..... love the empire waists, lovely hats and button details 

Emma (1996)Sense and SensibilityMarianne Dashwood - Sense and sensibility (1995)Pride and PrejudiceGeorgiana's riding habit is so beautiful


Thanks for checking out the costume 'eye candy' :-D

Comments

  1. I love looking at old costumes too, Tammie, especially authenticated stuff (love the Met's Costume Institute). As a former seamstress, I am always amazed at the work that was done ALL BY HAND-STITCHING! Love those movie interpretations, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I love the white and green dress from Gone with the Wind. The hats with the bonnets like in Cranford cracks me up. Well, that's all I've got on period attire. Thanks for the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts