Terrific Tuesday

Hello Dear Reader~
  Today is Tuesday and it has been a crazy couple of weeks at Casa de Everly.  Between Hurricane Sandy, my birthday, my husband leaving on a rapid [12 hours notice]  deployment in support of Hurricane Sandy relief, 2 craft shows, kids activities, etc, I haven't stopped moving.

Thankfully Sunday was a very happy day for us because DH came home [How appropriate on Veteran's Day] from his whirlwind mini deployment. It gave me a reason to clean the house before his arrival and then we spent the rest of the day hanging with the kids, watching the Cowboys win, grilling the filet mignon's we were supposed to eat on my birthday, drinking a beer or two and just generally grinning at each other the rest of the day.  I will say that most couples only have one honeymoon in their marriage, but as a military family we have had quite a few.  It's hard for your spouse to be away, for any length of time be it two weeks or two years, but those sweet days when they return remind you of why you married them in the first place. :-D






SO today is Tuesday... life is back to crazy normal. kids off to school, DH back to work and I am stressing over a couple projects on the workbench and my 1st ever Open House/Trunk Show to be held here on Saturday.  I will do a blog post about it next week, but for now my dining room is no longer a dining room.  I sent out close to 50 invites and will post on a couple of FB pages that I am member of. I hope a couple of people stop by or I may just end up drinking all the hot cider by myself.















I have enjoyed writing this little blog and have been humbled by the warm responses and fantastic support I have received through it.  90 lovely people have decided to 'follow'  my journey through life, jewelry and being a Navy wife.  At 100 followers, I will give away a little thank you gift to one lucky winner.  I encourage you to follow and join me on my way.



Have a Terrific Tuesday~
Warmest Regards,
Tammie


Tammie

Comments

  1. Ah, dear, I forgot to extend my thanks to your DH and your family for his service on either Sunday OR Monday! My sincerest apologies for that and my deepest gratitude for his service to our country! It's is truly appreciated (and I'm glad he's home, even tho' it was a short deployment this time 'round)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tuesday to you too! I hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly as possible and hope your Open House/Trunk Show is a Rousing Success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am glad he's home, your happy and things are keeping you busy. Sounds like quite a life. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie, I want to start of by saying thank you to you. As a military wife you and your family sacrifice too - so that my family can be safeand enjoy freedom. I understand your sacrifice and appreciate all you do for our country. I am glad you got to enjoy your time with your hubby over the weekend. Good luckwith your Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammie! I sneaked home for a day and saw your invite. I sure wish I could make it but I will be ou of town. I love your work very much and am not one bit surprised by how industrious you are :-) maybe I can put something on my Christmas list...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts