Moving Day Monday

Craft Room all packed up and ready to move.

  Moving is a big part of my life as a Navy wife.  I moved as a kid too, so when people ask me where I'm from I sort of shrug and name a few places they might connect with.
  Since moving to Northern Virginia 2.5 years ago I started my little TTE designs in earnest. I have always been crafty and had a rubbermaid tub & corner or a spot somewhere, but this is the first time I ever had a whole dedicated space.  (Well, really it was the guest room but not long after we moved in I started requiring two weeks notice for overnight guests.)
  I finally had a closet, and shelving and a big farm table to work from. I had TV and good lighting and best of all I NEVER had to clean it up at the end of the day. I could drift in and out as time allowed. This was my happy place and I loved and appreciated all the creativity it allowed me to have. Today we are packing out, headed to the Chesapeake/Norfolk/ Virginia Beach area, I am so looking forward being near the beach and some dear old friends again.
 One of the other quirks about moving so often is not really knowing what type of house you are going to be living in.  Other than a couple of pics I haven't seen the last 3 places until the day I rolled up to the door, and this new house is no different.
  So I'm no sure what type of space I will have, but if I've learned anything over these years it's this
 #1 Be FLEXIBLE  #2 Home is where the Navy sends your family, so enjoy it! 

Comments

Most Popular Posts